This is the card that I created for the SplitCoastStampers CNY November 2008 shoebox swap. My Stampin' Up demo, Joanne Tofte, demonstrated this template to us at an SU party. You can see another version on her blog. The card stands up like a teepee when open and folds flat to fit in a standard envelope.
2 4" square white card stock
1 4" square green card stock
1/2 3.75" square green card stock (cut on diagonal)
2"x3" white card stock
Versa Mark ink
Stampin' Up label punch
Stampin' Up Snow Swirled stamp set
2 silver brads
silver glitter embossing powder
1. Stamp the two white 4" square card stock with snowflake stamps in green ink and stamp the 4" green square card stock with snowflake stamps in white ink.
2. Fold each 4" square card stock in half on the diagonal.
3. Glue the left half of the green square on top to the right half of the white square.
4. Glue the left half of the other white square on top to the right half of the green square.
5. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the image with the long side of the card stock to the right, stamp the Christmas tree with VersaMark ink and emboss with silver glitter embossing powder.
6. Glue the green triangle to the front of the 2nd 4" square white card stock.
7. Stamp the word 'Joy' to the 2"x3" white card stock in green ink and punch out with SU label punch. Sponge green ink on edges and place silver brads on each end. Glue to front under tree.
8. Slit the back of the 1st 4" square white card stock to receive the right point of the 2nd 4" square white card stock so card will stand up like a teepee.