Thursday, March 26, 2009

Aquarius ATC

I created this ATC for a signs of the Zodiac swap. Naturally I picked my own sign as I was born at the end of January - right in the middle of Aquarius. This is the text I put on the back of the card…

The Water Bearer
January 21 to February 19

Air Element
Astrological symbol is waves
Gem is amethyst or aquamarine -
I was born in January so there is
a garnet bead attached instead!
Friendly, humanitarian, honest,
loyal, original, inventive, independent,
intellectual
On the dark side....Intractable, contrary, perverse,
unpredictable, unemotional, detached

kmk24 Endicott, NY 3/31/09

I embossed the pot using verdigris embossing powder on black card stock then popped it up with 3d dots. The ‘water’ is a dryer sheet that I coated with ModPodge tinted with blue ink. The background is Kraft card stocked stamped with Stampin’ Up’s Linen background stamp and Close to Cocoa ink. The base cardstock is a metallic bronze paper from CutCardStock.com. I added a garnet bead knotted on twine – the gem for Aquarius is either amethyst or aquamarine but since I am a January baby and I love garnets….! I can’t wait to see what the rest of the Zodiac cards will look like since I have to wait more than a week to check my mailbox!

No comments: